Limited Edition Recipes Made with Chef Merito® Seasonings
Make these stadium favorites at home!
- 1 lb. Flap or skirt Meat
- 1 tbsp. Chef Merito® Meat Seasoning
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- Nachos Ingredients:
- ½ bag of package tortilla chips
- 1-16 ounce can refried beans
- 1 jar processed cheese spread (such as Kraft Cheez Whiz)
- ½ cup of salsa, mild
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 green onions or jalapeno peppers, chopped
Sprinkle the meat seasoning on both sides of the meat. Preheat a skillet or grill and use the oil to prevent sticking. Cook the meat at medium heat 4-5 minutes on both sides or until meat appears cooked thru. Remove meat from the stove or grill. Let it sit for 5 minutes. Slice the meat length wise in small strips or cut in small squares and serve over the nachos.
Warm the cheese and beans in the microwave or according to packaging directions. Arrange tortilla chips in the helmets. Spoon generous amount of the beans over the chips and drizzle with the cheese. Place the Carne Asada steak strips over cheese. Serve with salsa, Sour cream and green onions or peppers.
Taste like a winner! Chef Merito® Seasonings throws a pinch of authentic zing that covers all bases.
- 2 medium avocados, mashed
- ¼ cup tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Chef Merito Lime Juice
- 1 tsp. Chef Merito Garlic Salt
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon Chef Merito Black Pepper
Mix all ingredients in medium bowl until well blended Serve with tortilla chips.
Suggestion: For a spicy Gucamole use 1 tablespoon of Chef Merito Fajita Seasoning instead of the Garlic Salt. For more flavor add more!
Carne Asada Fries in a Dodgers Helmet
Loaded with flavor, these meaty, Chef Merito® seasoned fries hit all the bases!
- 1-1/2 pound skirt, flank or loin (or combination)
- 1 tablespoon Chef Merito® Steak & Meat seasoning
- Vegetable spray
- Oven Fries
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or your preference)
- 1 Bag frozen french fried potatoes, prepared following the manufacturer’s cooking instructions). Or 3 medium size potatoes (like russet), cut lengthwise into wedges.
1. Preheat broiler. Lightly spray a broiler pan and rack with vegetable oil spray.
2. In a container, sprinkle evenly the Chef Merito® steak & meat seasoning over the meat. Wait 15-20 minutes.
3. Place the steaks on one side of the rack of the broiler pan. In a medium bowl, mix potatoes with the oil. Then, arrange potatoes on the other side of the broiler pan. Broil both for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the steaks are medium rare to well done and the potatoes are tender, turning the steaks and potatoes once.
Cut the steaks into small strips and in a small bowl or plate serve over the potatoes. Use aproximatly 3-4oz of steak with 3-5 oz of the potatoes. Garnish with chopped onions, tomatoes, jalapeno peppers and sour cream. *You may also grill or fry the steaks and use the frozen potatoes instead. Serve warm.
Pico de Gallo
Try this sweet & savory homerun! Taste how a sprinkle of Chef Merito® Seasonings in this easy recipe wins the snack game.
- 2 mangos, peeled & sliced
- 2 jicamas, large, peeled & sliced
- 2 oranges peeled & sliced
- 1 watermelon, small cut into cubes
- 1 cucumber sliced
- 2 Tbs. (or to taste) Chef Merito® Salt, Lemon & Chili
Sprinkle and rub Chef Merito® Meat Seasoning on both sides of the steaks. Pre-heat a large lightly oiled skillet or BBQ grill. Cook steaks 3-5 minute on each side. Remove and let it sit for 5 minutes. Cut into small pieces. Arrange meat, chop tomatoes, onion, sliced radishes, cilantro onto the tortillas. Garnish with lemon juice and your favorite salsa.