- 1 Lb bag of fresh Nopal Cactus (prickly pear)
- 1 medium chopped Onion
- 2 medium chopped Tomatoes
- 1 cup of chopped Cilantro
- 3-4 Serrano chiles, seeded and chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoons Chef Merito Adobo Creole Style
- 2 Tablespoons Chef Merito Lime Juice (or fresh squeezed)
Fill a medium size pot with enough water to cover 1 bag of fresh Nopal cactus.
Bring water to a boil and add the Nopal cactus.
Cook the cactus aproximatly 2-3minutes (or until tender) then remove and drain the water.
In a medium size mixing bowl, combine cactus, onion, tomatoes, cilantro, serrano chiles, Adobo Creole seasoning and the juice of the lime.
Mix all the ingredients well. efrigerate ½ hour or longer before serving.